• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M105A2 Recovery and Restoration

DeucesWild11

So I got my first M105A2 Trailer today! Yeah! I purchased it from the same guy I bought my Deuce from. Great guy, suggested he sign up here on SS as he also has a deuce and could learn allot from this site as I have. Anyway back to the recovery. I towed it home 50 miles with my Navigator.. like it was barely there.. Didn't want to take the deuce that far as I am just getting comfortable with the brake job I did. Registration at NY DMV was a little of a pain in the ..you know.. the Vin # was only 3 digits so there was another trailer out there with that # already.. not MV though. So I had to go back and get a pencil etching of the vin# on a piece of paper.. Finally I had a plate and could take her home. The extended hitch on the Navigator didn't allow me to use the standard safety chains.. Glad I brought my tow chains just in case.. Tied some flags behind it from HD as the lights obviously wouldn't hook up to the Nav. Passed one Trooper on the way home but no problem..

The trailer appears to be from the NJ National Guard but the SF-97 said something about delivery in Maricopa county AZ.. Go figure.. Mechanicals are in great shape but there is some heavy rust in spots of the bed.. only here and there through..

I will use this thread to show my restoration as it has some rust issues and it will be painted black to match the Deuce and put the bows and top cover I had from the Deuce purchase. I have a desert tan cover that should look sharp with the flat black..

Attachments

DeucesWild11

Nice trailer.[thumbzup] Hit the upcoming shows and you can find bows and a top if your looking.
Thanks, sorry if it was buried in my post but I already have the bows, sides and top from my deuce when I bought it.. Part of my reason for purchasing the trailer.. at least that's what I told the wifey.. Well she's getting a new kitchen anyway..

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, sorry if it was buried in my post but I already have the bows, sides and top from my deuce when I bought it.. Part of my reason for purchasing the trailer.. at least that's what I told the wifey.. Well she's getting a new kitchen anyway..
Yep I missed it sorry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks