• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V-100 Sightings Colorado

Abbylind

A buddy was at Ft Cason CO picking up some HMMMVs for our dept.
He said there were several V-100s there at the DRMO.
Guess theyre still out there!
Maybe a SS member near Ft Carson could confirm?

B3.3T

Your buddy saw some ASV, not V-100s. Often mistaken. V-100s have been out of the system for 30 years+.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bet they'll stay out there......unless they are given to some law enforcement agency or put out on a range as a target.

That makes a lot more sense than selling them to collectors and using the money to offset the deficit.:roll::roll:
It's easier to just print more money.

mcmullag

If you go too far East on a street right on base near Gov Liq and DRMO yards at Ft. Carson (those two yards are next to each other) you will see lots of Abraham tanks and the active duty vehicle that looks like a v-100 or v-200 or v-250 or whatever number or letters they are up to now, parked inside fenced yards.
I was surprised to see them, I did not know the military was still using these 4 tire things.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As B3.3T suggested earlier, still sounds like the M1117/ASV. It is the grandchild of the V100, built by the same company (now called Textron).

I got to drive one during one of my stints training Army folks, very nice vehicle and a whole lot different to drive than my V!

Cheers

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks