• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pioneer tool trailers

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw one that has the "box" set back from the front of the frame.. Is this normal? I know there are 2 versions.. Anyone got more info or pics?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I bought one for my son to haul with his TJ Wrangler with 7" of lift since the trailer is almost perfectly level with his Jeep and the tires are as big as his 35" ones on his Jeep. We are in the process of welding a pick up tool box on the front of it for a little more storage space. They are a very nice trailer for yard work tools and such. I will post some pictures when the project is complete.

Blake

Tool trailers

Attached are some pics of the (2) different versions of tool trailers. The nice looking early solid green one that is open came from John Collwell's (TX) site.
My Trailer is the early model with the lawnmowers in the background.
The other pic is one like Kenny posted

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Tool trailers

Are there any benefits to the early vs. late style, in terms of durability, longevity, usability, etc.?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Tool trailers

The later style has more enclosed space, but the older ones have the frame space for an auxiliary box, etc...

mangus580

Re: RE: Pioneer tool trailers

gimpyrobb said:
Yahoo photos: Uh-oh. Something bad happened...
Lots of bad happened over at yahoo.... they have messed up alot of their 'good' features.... Oh well.... google will outlive them in the end I suppose.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: RE: Pioneer tool trailers

I had one of the early ones. I planned on putting everything in it just as issued but ended up trading it off when I got the Mog. I still have a manual for it around somewhere. I need to get it scanned and put online.

odjeeper

Very Interesting Info...

I have one of the later series of pioneer tool trailers and am quite interested in this thread as it is the first time I have seen much posted about them. Sorry, don't have any pictures of mine though. Saw several a few years back in a holding yard at the Battle Creek national guard base, which had the spare tire mount from the bed of M37s welded to the front of them.
RICE670 - Are there more photos of your welding setup? Very cool to see someone actually still using a tool trailer for working. Do you have a generator mounted in there also?

citizensoldier

Have found 4 versions so far..

The one I posted is a early one with the old style parking brake levers. I have dont a little of research on them and found 4 basic styles depending on year and use.
Carpenters, engineers,linemen,engine mechanic/welder fab type..
They seem to stay in the rear with gear and are in good shape..
Been looking for one of the type below but have not found one for sale.

Attachments

RICE670

Here are some more pictures. I have a 250 miller traiblazer/spoolgun and plasma cutter mountee up. Also the right fender was so mangled I made a heavy fender out of 3/8 steel for a weld table.Added a vise mount and removable burn table.Bench grinder/holder for my 14'' chop saw/ holder for the rod oven/medical chest for small item storage.
I swapped in a A2 axle and tongue.Originally was a electrical tool trailer. scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks