• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Were to find M416 tires?

Dolphin_Shooter

a buddy picked up a M416 Trailer. The tires are dry rotted to **** and back
he's wanting to know if anyone makes civi tires that might work better at Highway speed? If not dose anyone have a source for original Military tires?

Last edited:

mutt_kahuna

tires for M416

Hi...the stock size tires for an M416 are 700-16's...he can get them from Lucas tire or summit racing both have locations in OH .....close civi equiv size is 215-85-16

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't hold your breath waiting for a lot of surplus 7.00x16 tires to come up on GL. They haven't been available in the DoD system for many years.

Lex_Ordo

Pick out either the NDCC, or NDT tread type of 700-16 Firestone tires made by Coker or Universal. They are good repro tires that will give your trailer the military look you want, and are made new with todays materials. I have them on my 1/4 Ton M101 CDN2, and they work great!

2ndchance

Hi...the stock size tires for an M416 are 700-16's...he can get them from Lucas tire or summit racing both have locations in OH .....close civi equiv size is 215-85-16
Can you use civilian equiv tires on the orginal M416 rims? I asked a guy at Discount Tire and he said, no. Reason:

1. The rivets on the rim can cause leaks when not using a tube.
2. Using a tube on a civilian tubeless tire causes a lot of friction and heat, causing the tube to fail.

So, how are you guys using civilian tires on original M416 Rims?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks