• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie with M-274

crm391

Hello everyone, well I bit the bullet and purchased an M-274 a4 AWS. it was owned by a vietnam vet for over 20 years. Anyway its in decent shape, it has electric start and and an alternator upgrade . It needs seats repaired, some cables, ect.... It has no spark. can anyone give me some guidance on what to look for . It has been sitting for 2 years. I replaced fuel filter, oil, , oil filter ,battery and cleaned the gas tank, any help would be greatly appreciated.:driver:

crm391

Thank you and update.

Thanks for the info, I have since discovered that the mule had an electric fuel pump with a return line to the fuel tank installed, the original fuel pump is still in place. I was given a brand new double hump fuel pump with the mule. Unfortunately the original fuel lines and the air filter canister are also gone. I also need a new muffler and the governor shaft has quite a bit of play. Today I am going to clean and adjust the magneto, clean the carb and see if it fires. I was told it ran great before being parked. Is there a place to acquire the fuel lines and air cleaner assembly or should I just make up my own hard lines? Again thanks for your reply. I will post some photos as well.aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks