• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923/925 on 16.00x20 tires?

jstier

How bad did it affect acceleration?
I was thinking about going to smaller tires, to affectively lower gear ratio and improve low end torque.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, are you saying if you mount them on HEMTT rims the front axle width would be wider than the rear? How does that work going around corners?

Would it be better to mount them on standard 5-ton rims if it would be closer to original width?

Bolkbich

The wheel off set is minor. It drives great, but the 1600's suck up some power. I like the hemtt rims better because the orings arent so fussy putting the rim back together ( the 5 ton rims dont hold the o ring real well and they pop out easier ,the hemtt rims are fool proof) I have big tires mounted on both types,either way is fine. The 5 ton rims are better if you dont already have super singles because the rim is much thinner and the lug lenth isnt an issue. Hemtt rims are much thicker.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, are you saying if you mount them on HEMTT rims the front axle width would be wider than the rear? How does that work going around corners?

Would it be better to mount them on standard 5-ton rims if it would be closer to original width?
I concur with Bolkbich. I have 1600s with HEMTT rims. The offset for the front is a little weird, the tires stick out about 3" past the fenders, but it drives just fine.

Blind Driver

most vehicles are designed that way. A wider front track decreases the turning radius

emr

Just put em on, no flippin a 5 ton hubs, as for the wider track in front it would give a better turn radius and U will need it because I hear the turn radius is even alot worse with the 1600s, and they rub, and like said, these are no race trucks , a power drain is just not good to me, all up to the owner and cool for sure, but the 1400s are really the perfect tire for these trucks, full turn radius and still same power as duels to me,

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mounted stock combat rims on the front, and HEMTT's on the rear. Tracking is almost perfect and you don't end up throwing mud all over your fenders.

5tontiny

My rear hubs are flipped out an I have hemtt rims an I like the way my truck drives an as for power I thought it was way better on the road cruisin speed way better:driver: an thank u Pctrans for my rims by the way

emr

U are right, they will cut down on turning radius and articulation, 1400s are the perfect match, But I was told on this site , tires are like boobys, the bigger the better, Guess I just like those a little smaller too:) I have to add for my taste the 14s are just right, but thats me, :beer:

RIDDLE1

U are right, they will cut down on turning radius and articulation, 1400s are the perfect match, But I was told on this site , tires are like boobys, the bigger the better, Guess I just like those a little smaller too:) I have to add for my taste the 14s are just right, but thats me, :beer:
I like big! I could build some supports for the rear that would be contoured out of the way, but the front hitting would be a problem. I guess it all depends on what I can find a deal on!

Truckoholic

tires are like boobys, the bigger the better, Guess I just like those a little smaller too:) I have to add for my taste the 14s are just right, but thats me, :beer:
Are you talking about tires still, or girls? Ha ha just messin with ya! I like the smaller boobies too. But love my BIG tires!!!

IMG_3535x (Medium).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks