• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Sealant Question

Gunner0311

I see several companies are advertising sealant for "Tubed Tires". SLIME, etc...

Has anyone tried any of this stuff in 1100x20 or larger tubed tires and any
feedback on how well it works against road hazard punctures?

It would be worth the money to me to have some "insurance" against punctures.:idea:

Darwin T

NO DON'T DO IT. i thought the same thing so i put green slime in all 4 tires of my ford ranger. after a while it felt like i had a tire out of ballance. then it felt like i had 4 tires out of ballance. then it felt like my ranger had the death wabble. i had to have all of my tire pulled from the rims and cleaned out. some of these products may work better, i think if it is more liquid the slime. as an emergency road side repair i would say keep it handy but not as a preventative measure. i was planning on doing that when i install my 11.00x20s on my M109a3 until the ranger incedent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks