• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Changing to 1 piece wheels on a M101A1

pastorwug

I know about searching through threads and I didn't find any more recent ideas about changing out 3 @ split-ring wheels for 1 piece wheels.
I have read about putting A2 or A3 axles on a A1 but I really don't want to do that.

Ideas? (and please be gentle to a Military trailer noobe)

Tanner

GKN made 1-piece Budd center wheels in recent years for the M101A1 trailer & for use on the M37, so you can run tubeless tires. But they aren't cheap through SECO...

SECO Reconditioned Army Military Trucks 2 1/2 Ton 5 Ton M35 M54 Cargo Fuel Water Dump Wrecker M123A1

NSN 2530-01-534-1110

I was quoted $368.00 each... on Feb 6th, they reported @ 60-65 wheels in stock.

Other option is to have Stockton or a similar outfit fab you up a set of custom rims with flat plate centers in Budd bolt pattern.

'Tanner'

Tanner

I just purchased a set of 5 wheels (from a fellow on the Power Wagons forum) that were made using M37 centers welded into 16.5x9.75 rim shells... getting the rims blasted & ready for paint now.

I'd like to locate a set of 17" rim shells to see what would be required to recenter them with M37 centers; I know that a fellow M37 owner here in NC is looking into this as well & supposedly has a test rim shell.

And for the record, there are plenty of 37x12.5R16.5 HMMWV tires that'll be around for years to come, and 16.5 tires are still available from Swamper, Pit Bull, NanKang, retreads and others.

'Tanner'

86m1028

Stockton is WAY over priced.

The last 2 m101a1's I bought at auction had brand new 1 piece wheels with new tires on them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks