• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tuff Primer

texas-5-ton

The guy from the soda blasting company called earlier and it seems that he has met his match with the M813. Earlier this week, he said the paint was going to be "no problem". Well, he called earlier today and said that the paint was coming off with no problem but the dark green "primer" was indestructable and would not come off. The guy that is painting the truck is planning on using Nason sealer on the entire truck. My question for the pro's is, Can we leave the green primer and spray the sealer over it or is the primer going to have to come off before the sealer can be applied??

Chad

serp

if original primer is not coming off leave it alone. any edges of primer next to bare metal need to be feathered out by hand or with a dual action sander (da ). by hand use 320 grit dry. or da use 220 grit. all remaining primer needs to be scuffed by hand or da to allow new primer to adhere.

texas-5-ton

No, I am not sure if it is primer but he said that the truck had 3 or 4 coats of paint and the first coat that is adhered to the metal is whats not coming off. He hasn't got to the cab and chassis yet, he just messing with the bed right now. Dixie, we are going back with Dupont red and black and a Nason sealer.

rmgill

Gotta love that when otherwise professional automotive types come up against a Military truck and realize that there's something stronger in them thar vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks