• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

weight of a 800 series dump bed?

Darrick23

Does anyone have a idea of how much a factory military dump bed weighs off a 800 series 5 ton truck with the dual ram lift and tail gate, it is all 1 piece? thanks

camp9

I have one here and it's all one unit, fluid is in a tank incorporated into the frame, pump and all are one unit. It's a neat set up all in one. Just have to hook up the shaft to the pto. I have one and my tractor can't lift it but want's to try. So I'm guessing its pushing 3000lbs.

Darrick23

I just bought a m35a2 and a complete dump box off a m817 and I have a excavating business so im gunna put the 2 together for a poor boys off road dump truck.. :cool:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do some searching, others have posted the same idea.

mckeeranger

According to TM 9-2320-260-10, operator's manual: the M817 dump weighs in at 23,755 pounds, with winch. The M818 tractor weighs 20,165 pounds, with winch.

If the 5th wheel assembly weighs around 300 pounds, (pure assumption on my part) then a bare M809 would be in the neighborhood of 19,865 pounds.

Taking the 19,854 from 23,755, the dump bed weighs around 3,890 pounds.

All that came from the TM. TMs are your freinds.
http://test.steelsoldiers.com/upload/809/TM9-2320-260-10.pdf

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think that by using a 5t dump bed on a deuce, you are going to have to be VERY careful about over WEIGHT on the deuce frame and springs

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the time you mount a m817 box on a m35a2 you only going to be able to haul a little over 3 ton and exceding the manufacturer GVWR. Witch is the rating the D.O.T. uses .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A lot of work to carry a cubic yard heaped, of anything. Buy a 5 ton dump truck

pa.rich

Yes , The truck dump body is made for a passenger side pto. It would be much easier to buy the hoist kit for the duece. Its electric works well, and about 2800. Installation extra $. The springs on the five ton are much heftier than the duece. If you could buy the m211 springs, they are stronger and have the beefy helper springs which equal 2 sets of springs if you use a m35 for a dumper. Just buy a five ton dump. Thats what I did and you wont be sorry. I love that power steering! :driver:

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Parich the Multifuel is in the classifieds $6500,the m817 runs but has a knocking sound in the engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks