• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire extinguisher

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
If you happen to have a fire extinguisher mounted in the bed of your puckup. that the safty pin fell out of DO NOT hit it with a piece of firewood, because it will hit it the handle and it will be pointed right at you when the firewood hits the handle perfectly to set it off and you will be covered in white stuff. and your daughter will be rolling on the yard laughing so hard she will pee her pants. And grandma will make you strip out side befor letting you in the house. Just dont do it!!!!auaaua:oops:

axlr8

haha! I had the same sorta thing happen when using a water one in a demo....and the fitting that holds the hose on broke off.....yes.....i was wet.....

and it was about 50 years old...

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Sorry no picks. And i did not get it in my eyes or mouth. Took a hose to the inside of the bed to clean it out. wonder if my fire wood will burn now?

steelandcanvas

Hey Tig, Thanks for the heads-up, I will from now on keep my firewood and my fire extingusher (with pin removed) in opposite corners of my truck, can't be too safe you know. ;-)

SMOKEWAGON66

Hey at least it wasnt inside the cab of your truck...Guy in my unit in Alaska threw a drip pan behind the seat and it landed on the fire extinguisher....purple K all up in the cab of his M1074.

wdbtchr

Make sure you clean it up as soon and as completely because it is terribly corossive. I'm not saying how I know this, great for fire supression otherwise a mess.:roll:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should have added that they do make plastic ties that break easy to hold the pin in. You can also use a bread wrapper or garbage bag tie. Or any thin copper wire. I've even used a piece of electrical tape to keep that pin in. ESPECIALLY if it's in a cab or crew compartment. Just bouncing up and down the road without a pin can be enough for the handle to slowly bleed off pressure. Then you got a big ol' paperweight.

zout

OK - I call BS on a scale of 10 on this one - Tigger outta know without pics its worthless. Without visual effects its
hard to laugh with you - or at you looking like the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks