• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a particular Goat picture.

BillIdaho

Once upon a time while I was visiting internetville, I saw a picture of a Gama Goat with an unusual antenna mount. The antenna itself was the common AS1729 VRC, along with the MX6707 matching base. The unusal part was specifically where it was mounted. The antenna appeared to be mounted on the rear fender, not on the carrier-where they were normally mounted. The picture as I recall showed the Goat looking at it from the driver's side front. (What with my advanced age, it very well could have been from the passenger side, but either way, the antenna was mounted on the rear fender.). I have a tree's worth of TM's and none mention that particular place in regards to placing an antenna.

Anyone know of that photo?

Gamagoat1

Bill,
TM11-2300-372-14-4 shows a RT 524 0r RT 246 mounted on shelf assembly SC-D-446385 in the dash where the circuit breaker panal goes. The antenna for this is mounted on the left front fender(Drivers) and is made up of the antenna bracket assembly SC-F-446392 and antenna AT-912 /RC or AS-1729/VRC.
Also mounted in the shelf (under) is a R-442/VRC with it's antenna, Mast base AB-15/GR mounted in SC-D-446381, all mounted on the tractor's right rear fender.

This TM is instructions for installing installation kit MK-1245/VRC in M561( Cab Mounted Radio set AN/VRC-12 or AN/VRC-47, and has drawings only. No pictures to send ya.

goat whisperer

Bill,
TM11-2300-372-14-4 shows a RT 524 0r RT 246 mounted on shelf assembly SC-D-446385 in the dash where the circuit breaker panal goes. The antenna for this is mounted on the left front fender(Drivers) and is made up of the antenna bracket assembly SC-F-446392 and antenna AT-912 /RC or AS-1729/VRC.
Also mounted in the shelf (under) is a R-442/VRC with it's antenna, Mast base AB-15/GR mounted in SC-D-446381, all mounted on the tractor's right rear fender.

This TM is instructions for installing installation kit MK-1245/VRC in M561( Cab Mounted Radio set AN/VRC-12 or AN/VRC-47, and has drawings only. No pictures to send ya.
Mike, the Gama Goat encyclopedia :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks