• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govt Waste? Not necessarily!

RegRgr

I don't know if this is the correct location for this post, but it seemed right to me! I work for the Maine Forest Service in Old Town, Maine. One of my employees brought your site to my attention as you have a set of pics entitled "Govt Waste" which shows many pieces of federal surplus equipment sitting idle at our junkyard.

The post was a little on the negative side so, just to let you know, we are currently working on getting all of this equipment released for disposal and are planning on publicly auctioning it all off in the spring of 2007. This will be our first auction since 2002-we should have between 80 and 100 pieces of surplus for sale. The pics are accurate-we have pickups, Deuce and a 1/2's, cargo trailers, stepvans and a variety of other items in varying degrees of serviceability. Please email me if you have any questions-we have a FEPP officer right here in the office who knows a lot of the history and condition of most of the equipment.

You can email me at mike.ricci@maine.gov if you have questions. Let me know if you want notification on the auction dates/times/locations and I'll put your name on a list and email the info out when I receive it.

Just to let you know, the junkyard is "OFF LIMITS" and violators will be prosecuted! This equipment does not belong to the Maine Forest Service but it is controlled by the federal government and subject to their rules and regs. Hope this post helps to give you an opportunity to get the parts or vehicles that you may need!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sir,

Welcome to the board, and thank you A) for clearing up the confusion, and B) keeping us posted when they go up for auction, as Im sure a few of us can give them good homes. It is good to have the "real deal" truth on this stuff, as what something looks like is not always as it seems, which in this case is great news!

We do appreciate the info.

Mark

rdixiemiller

Thanks for the info! Maine is a little too far from Ga. to allow me to bid, so I won't be able to try to buy anything.
We have a love for these old soldiers here, what is junk to many people is a treasure trove of hard to find MV's.
Again, Thanks!

carguy455

""Just to let you know, the junkyard is "OFF LIMITS" and violators will be prosecuted!""

Me thinks they wanna throw me in the clink ! I posted the pics so others wouldn't have to go lookin ! I was at the 2002 auction, wasn't bad except three salvage dealers domminated it. My only negative bit was that there had not been an auction since 2002. Now I'm paranoid ! :nothingfunny:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks