• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new mkt-85 trailer

citizensoldier

Wow!!! That is the mother load of kitchen trailer purchases! Good score.. I am not sure of any of the unknown other than the towel racks. They will hook in on the upper ledge of the roof near the gun racks. Enjoy it they are allot of fun.. You got just about everything you need..

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you get that from GL? If so, it was ALL there? Holy Moly! That is one nice mobile cooking establishment you have there! Even the menu cards? The taste of the food could bring back memories! LOL AWESOME Kitchen!
God bless,
Tony

Now some "what are they pictures and where do they go"
Tim,
2nd to last pic, shows manifolds that look like NOS for an M2A Gas Stove used in the older MKT 75's and 85's. MBU took their place in upgraded MKT 85,90, and 99's.

You also have the baking rack with the chain and hooks which is for the M-59 ovens. Just take out the Pot and holder and the unit hooks in the holes around the top of the oven. The flat tray can be put on top of the M59 or in the bottom I think. We use it over the M59 with the large pot to keep food we have prepared warm until serving.

John

Some of the other items are for tray packs, handling.

Tim,
Not sure about pic #1? I also have some of those in my MKT-85, I thought it was some sort of heat shield? MKT Mike will see this and he will know what they are for.
Nice trailer and nice score. Good luck with it! When is the maiden civilian cooking event going to happen? Make sure you take pics the first time you use it. Have fun and enjoy. Nice meeting you at Jim Thorpe, come to Sussex on April 28 and 29. Should be some MKT stuff available.

John

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picture400 - top pieces are the arm guards for reaching over boiling water or open flames (M-2 burner).
Picture383 - auxiliary baking unit, all three pieces.
Picture382 - bottom plate of the aux. baking unit.
Picture381 - hanging plate of the aux baking unit.
Picture380 - tray lifters for the prepackaged rations.
Picture379 - Full sheet GN rack for warming/cooking in the top of the oven.
Picture378 - M-2 burner parts
Picture376 - top (proofing) rack of the aux baking unit.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim,

I'll add you to the list of folks looking for travel covers. Current conditions here at the house....well SNAFU is a bit mild. It's like the fella that wanted some complete M-59 ranges. I've got em, but it will take at least an hour of moving stuff out of the garage just to get to them, then 15 minutes or so of maneuvering to get them out of the garage, and another hour to put everything else back in the garage. I bought a trailer last October to put all the MKT canvas/screens in, but it has not been delivered yet. Until it is, I really can't put my hands on what I know I have.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score on a great looking trailer. We're getting enough MKTs on here now we should have our own forum section.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fluids will boil in the pots much faster if they are in the ovens. Local guys tried cooking spaghetti on an open burner - took them over an hour to get the water boiling. Next time, I made it, putting the 15 gallon pot inside the M-59 and using an MBU on the 12 o'clock heat setting - had a rolling boil on 13 gallons of water in less than 25 minutes. Helps to have an idea what you are doing!

TKRESS1

mkt

It took about 40 minutes for the large pot to boil but we have fun taking bets on the over under. I will try it in the M59 this weekend. Thank you for the information.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It takes my oven about 5 min to get to 425 degrees. I accidentally melted a cookie sheet last year so know to keep an eye on it now.

Tim,
MKT looks great! Glad to see you already cooking on it, can't wait to get mine setup for a Spring cleaning. Hopefully this Friday. Working on my new flouresent light kits. They were in a big GI Tent, so I had to shorten the nylon straps up, so they do not hang so low. Will post some pics on Friday. Anyways, great job on the trailer, good luck and enjoy cooking in it now.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks