• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheres the best place to buy a MB project?

85 GT Kid

First off I wanna say hello and this is a great site! Pretty much anything military that I like is here :jumpin:!. But to my question lol, wheres a good place to get a MB (or GPW I guess if I have to lol). I would like to get one for the winter next year (with a koenig top of course) and because I've wanted a WWII vehicle for awhile now. I know theres ebay but I was wondering if theres any other good places to look. I dont need a fully restored one but I dont want a rusty shell either just a nice project one thats non running but completish lol.

Thanks

John

O and pretty soon my mustang is gonna be my DD again and 400HP doesnt do good in the snow lol.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best thing to do is a find a friend who has done Jeep restos if you have any questions about whats "restorable" and whats not.

emr

U may be wanting a cj7 for what U are showing u want to do with it,As for MBs and GPWs.... These are rare and usually expensive vehicles that are usually not daily drivers, military vehicles magazine and the want adds in the MVPA are ones best bet,joining the MVPA is a great way to start getting into the hobby besides this site, There are other sites that a mustang would be appreciated, Here we mostly go slow :), fast to us is different than fast to others for sure... :) Good luck , But I hope U dont beat up such a piece of history, I hope im wrong and i sure do mean all the best to U, The M series vehicles are well tough enough and so many out there that guys are running them hard, and they sure can take it , But the jeeps U are mentioning are well classics and there are some guys who will put them thru there paces now and again, they are mostly in parades and static displays. hope this helps,... Randy

jtrojan715

i found mine on craigslist also found my deuce on there i used the searchtempest web site and did a search in a 400 mile area. there is also a site called ewillys nice guy updates his site dailey hope this helps
http://www.ewillys.com/

Last edited:

85 GT Kid

I guess I should have explained this a little better lol. I dont mean to use this as a DD just something that needs a resto but that for now I could drive it in a little snow to get to work (I live 3 miles from work and we dont get a lot of snow but any snow is to much for my car lol). I would eventually do a light restoration on it with it looking like it should back in the day. As for the top I was just saying a Koenig because its the cheapest and easiest top to find to make it look like a winterized jeep :D. Also I know how fast they can go I dont need to go 100 speed isnt everything for me.

So basically what it would end up is a nice cosmetically done MB/GPW that I would drive on nice days (once its restored of course). But this would be by no means a trailer queen. These were meant to be driven not stuck in a garage doing nothing. And when it would be done it won't be a rat, I have a friend that restores Shelby/Boss/CJ mustangs for a living and hes prob the best in the country so he'll be helping me.

Here some of his work:

Here's the perfect example of what i'd like to buy
VINTAGE 1943 WILLYS MB JEEP WWII MILITARY 4X4 gpw | eBay

Last edited:

quickfarms

That jeep would be a project

The body probably has a lot of rot. Jeep hat channels are prone to rotting out.

That rear bumper is probably welded to both the frame and body and will take a lot of work to remove.

That jeep needs a frame off if you want to save it

You are better off finding one that runs but needs some work

The best source for jeeps is every source

Good luck

85 GT Kid

Yea like I said thats just an example cause i'm not able to get one right now. I have a friend thats a die hard jeep guy that would prob help me look at one.

One day :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks