• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I did it, I own a 1970 M813

cobratodd

Okay, I bought my first M813 - it's a 1970 with dual wheels - how difficult is it to switch to the super singles? Will the 16.00R20 Michelin XZL tires fit with standard military 5-ton rims? Is there anything special that needs to be done other than changing the tire and wheel combo? Anything with the studs? Brakes? Any clearance issues? Mud Flaps?

I found a fair price for the tires and wheels - set of 6 for $2300 (unmounted)

I need to find a place that will mount them - can you even balance these things or is that just possible or worth it?

Thanks for your help - so excited to be part of this...

rrrr

I wouldn't do 16's, at most 14's . You might want to consider 395's. They are only slightly smaller and offer a great look.

There was a member on here that just sold an 8 series truck with 395's and it looked great.

Vintage iron

Cobratodd give me a call. I can mount them on the rims and mount them on your truck too. You will also need to space out the front wheels or change your studs. I have already done this to my truck so I can help you get the right parts from the best suppliers and do the work for a fair price. Give me a call. I PM'ed you my number

indy4x4fab

Banned
14.00r20 are the easiest tire to put on your truck and not have to worry to much about tire rubbing. 16r20 will have to run on hemmt rims or make custom front wheel spacers.

Vintage iron

I meant to say, each type of wheel have their own mounting issues. HEMMT wheels are thicker and will require longer studs on the front hubs and combat wheels with 1600's on them will need spacers to clear the pitman arm and hydraulic piston.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks