• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 with new shirt and shoes

Hoefler

Pictures show before and after on my Sparta recovered M923. Added a battery relocation kit. Sanded, ground and painted he (except box). Added a new set of combat wheel and large Michelin tires. Truck runs well except for hard 2-1 shift and a small stain on shop floor from bell housing (not sure if engine seal or trans seal). Not a drip but makes a stain when she is parked over night.
Soldier B is named Jerry. He has contributed to the fur lined interior I now have.
Pete

Attachments

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pictures show before and after on my Sparta recovered M923. Added a battery relocation kit. Sanded, ground and painted he (except box). Added a new set of combat wheel and large Michelin tires. Truck runs well except for hard 2-1 shift and a small stain on shop floor from bell housing (not sure if engine seal or trans seal). Not a drip but makes a stain when she is parked over night.
Soldier B is named Jerry. He has contributed to the fur lined interior I now have.
Pete
Nice looking truck! I had an M939 series truck that really had a hardshift from 2 down to 1. All it was was a spring inside the tranmission. According to Allison...and I don't recall which spring was which...they swap the spring and that controls how hard the transmission shifts (different springs lead to a harder or a softer shift and their repair worked!). I thought I recommended this to you. If not and I am thinking about someone else, I STRONGLY recommend taking your truck to an Allison dealer for it's first servicing. It will cost you, but you'll thank me.

Hoefler

Bruce,
Thanks. I will take your advice. I have spoken to others about the hard 2-1 shift, and it seems all do. Even though this truck has beast sized parts, this down shift is to harsh-mechanically.
Years ago I put a shift kit (spring) in an automatic transmission I had (V8-Vega). After I did this, it shifted rock hard-my truck downshift feels just like this.
I did find an Allison shop pretty close to where I keep her.
Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks