• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AH-64 Apache Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppop

Hot dog showing off and did not know what he was working with. He should have known at high altitude nothing works in the same time plane.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The caption at the bottom of the page said both pilots were okay, no one on the ground was hurt and the pilotes were facing criminal charges. They're going to be in the service for a few centuries if they try taking it out of their pay.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to find out what happened to the Pilots, I know it says facing criminal charges, but my question what other things did the military do to them (IE, stip of their commission, dishonorable discharge, Etc)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm no expert, but that seems like they were hot dogging and simply ran out of talent. Someone's going to have heck to pay over that one...

Stalwart

As a licensed helicopter pilot, I know exactly what they were doing. It might be one thing to do something like that to bring guns to bear on the enemy pinning down your soldiers, it is another to do it as a stunt. Especially with a $35 MILLION bird!

paradeduty

Thank God nobody did get hurt, but I hope these two guys realize how lucky they are that nobody was hurt! I'm sorry, but a lot of men and women put themselves in harm's way when they join up - and I'll bet very very few of them would ever expect to have to sacrifice due to this kind of stunt. Too many of our brave fall victim to "avoidable accidents" as it is, we and they do not need anything due to "stupidity". Pulling "stunt" moves when necessary (such as in combat) but the risk is so huge to do so for the heck of it. Sorry - minor rant.

natem

Ya, fly by hot into a hammerhead, slide in the LZ jump out and say "what a ride".
Got the scars and limp to show for it.

I'll reserve judgment on there crash till all reports are in.

vtdeucedriver

This is not the first time and it will not be the last that "errors" have been made within the military. Just be fortunate that their was no loss in life. When I had seen this video, it reminded me of some research I did a few years ago on a similiar incident with a helicopter in Vietnam involving a Gun Truck crew. Their names are on the wall with their fellow soldiers but their loss was not due to combat action but poor judgement.

Tahoe

Those Buffoons derserve no leniency.

Should take their commander to Leavenworth with them as well.

I'm betting someone in their unit knew of their tendancies to "hot dog".

Tahoe

DrJekl

Since the video likely leaves out a good many details, it would be prudent to hold judgement until later. Afghanistan is a different place to fly. Guys flying in OIF for several tours have to learn a new way of flying in OEF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks