• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think I need a camper like this...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The tear drop trailer is a old idea from back to the 30s, a very popular camping idea

Picture if you will, A slightly larger version with more storage space underneath for food, supplies/provisions and camping gear/bugout items and hunting weapons, built on an M105 chassis and pulled behind a deuce, bobber or 5-ton. Now that's a camping trip!!!!! My brain is spinning with the possibilities!
:jumpin:
I think I'm gonna have to do a little playing on MS Paint and see what I can draw up. :grd:

quickfarms

attached are some plans for teardrops

Attachments

Last edited:

Tanner

If I am not mistaken, Ron designed that trailer back in the 30's. :grin:
...wouldn't he have had to invent the wheel first?

I'm not new to the tear-drop scene; some family members had a tear-drop camper in late Sixties... I looked into building one about 8 years ago, but life & other projects took precedence. ;-)

What I liked was the 'military' theme -

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If I am not mistaken, Ron designed that trailer back in the 30's. :grin:
Tanner;1093124[B said:
]...wouldn't he have had to invent the wheel first?[/B]

I'm not new to the tear-drop scene; some family members had a tear-drop camper in late Sixties... I looked into building one about 8 years ago, but life & other projects took precedence. ;-)

What I liked was the 'military' theme -
NO, I used a PB design that he submitted to the rock quarry where FRED worked. [thumbzup], all I had to do to the design was mod the sharp 90 deg. corners to a 45 deg., made for a lot better ride, (thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump instead of THUMP, ---------THUMP, ----------THUMP, ---------THUMP

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks