• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 - Wiring Problems

dvdkea

I am in the process of converting my 1102 trailer over to 12v. I am following the post below and i have everthing working except for the running lights. When i hook the brown wire from the 4 wires coming off of the truck to the solid red wire I get no running lights al all. Even the running light on the truck go off. When the trailer plug is disconnected, the running lights on the truck work fine. I tried to connect the brown wire up to all the other remain wires and i get nothing. I have not replace the 24v running lights with the 12v number 96 bulbs yet. as far as i know, they should work on the 24v bulbs, but will be dim.

Any ideas?

If you have a military pigtail coming off your trailer, here are the color codes that correspond to the wire circut numbers. The wire colors are the indiviual wires that are INSIDE the outer black rubber insulation.

24-484
22-461 LEFT TURN/BRAKE RED WITH WHITE TRACER
24-483
21 MARKER LIGHTS. RED
90 GROUND BLACK WITH RED TRACER
22-460 RIGHT TURN/BRAKE BLACK

ryan77

Why dont you just put new bulbs in and buy the plug adapter off ebay instead of hacking up the wiring???

dvdkea

i agree, i should have just gotten the adapter and lelf the mil plug in place. But, i dident. i cut it off and replaced with a standard civ 4 wire setup.

Again, everything works except the marker lights. when i connect the red wire from the trailer as mentioned in the article to the brown wire from the truck, the marker lights on the truck go off, and i have no marker lights on the trailer either.

any ideas?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cutting the harness was a bad idea, as all the wires are tagged with metal marker bands as to what they are. time to break out the multimeter and start tracing wires. Where exactly did you cut the harness? take a pic and post it, all hope may not be lost.

There are only 4 wires you need. All the others, forget about, as they are BO lights.

Civilian trailer wiring

Green wire = Right turn/stop light
Yellow wire = Left turn/stop light
Brown wire = Tail/marker/running lights
White wire = Ground

Military harness circut # and Pin
22-460 Pin J = Right turn/stop light
22-461 Pin B = Left turn/stop light
21 Pin E = Tail/marker lights
90 Pin D = Ground

Last edited:

dvdkea

yes, i cut off the 12 pin plug leaving the thick cable. i stripped the outer casing off to expose the red and black wires. are color coded and i followed the information below.

UPDATED INFO:

If you have a military pigtail coming off your trailer, here are the color codes that correspond to the wire circut numbers. The wire colors are the indiviual wires that are INSIDE the outer black rubber insulation.

24-484
22-461 LEFT TURN/BRAKE RED WITH WHITE TRACER
24-483
21 MARKER LIGHTS. RED
90 GROUND BLACK WITH RED TRACER
22-460 RIGHT TURN/BRAKE BLACK

dvdkea

ok, i will check that in the morning. I'm asuming you are talking about under the trailer where the junction box is? i was looking at that this afternoon and it looked correct but, i will checj again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks