• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVCC FIRST EVENT at the Messiah Baptist Church Car Show

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 9th annual Messiah Baptist Church Car Show started on time at 11 am, Saturday March 24th, 2012. There were 63 Classic Cars - five of which were OD green

We rolled four trucks and were joined by Glen and his dad (sorry Glen, my memory is worthless in remembering names) - both great guys. They brought Glen's Saladin.

View attachment 317999

From the left - Glen's Saladin, Don's M38, Gary's M1031, Greg's M1028, Jim's M1028A2, and the white ambulance actually was an AIR FORCE ambulance from Ft. Logan, Co. I suggested the guy repaint it back to OD green. Kinda doubt it. I also suggested he join our club - we will see.

View attachment 318000

Three MVCC members, Gary, Collin and Greg

The last four pix are of Glen's Saladin - it's condition speaks volumes - it was very popular with the crowd and I understand very popular with the police as one officer stopped Lou on the way to the show, even though he was BETWEEN the M1031 and the M1028. Once stopped for no license plates (really? on a Saladin? They just wanted a look at the restored armor just like everybody else - can't blame them - so did I), the officer was joined by two other LEO vehicles. Lou then patiently explained the TX FMV rules with letter of the law IN WRITING to prove who and why he was driving ARMOR around North Richland Hills, Tx

View attachment 318001
View attachment 318002
View attachment 318003
View attachment 318004

we had a great time - nice cool day - and I would like to thank the folks at the Messiah Baptist Church on Baker Blvd for their hospitality - and I PROMISE, I WILL purchase a pop up shade because we all know that it won't be a 'cool Texas day' for much longer.

EDIT - OK, I'm going to change my name to SAM because I can't remember anyone's name, so from now one, feel free to just call me SAM at all the club meetings - jim ... er SAM

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks