• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Parts Truck

David_4x4

So I finally figured out how to get pics off of my phone, so I figured I'd post up my latest arrival. It's an M-211 with a DD of 1954 if I recall. Most of the body and frame are shot. But the truck runs, has good axles, and some body parts are still salvageable. Many thanks go to my good wrecker friend Willard. 8)

Basicly the plan is to take the running drivetrain and other needed body parts and use them in teh truck below. And what's left, keep for spares.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good plan - use two trucks, each being 1/2 a truck, to make 1 good truck. Keep us posted and post lots o pics!

rdixiemiller

Looks like the M135 is a good candidate for restoration. I have to admit, the M135 appeals to me........
But then, my wife would kill me slowly, with a dull butter knife if I even mention another truck.......
Oh well, good luck!

westfolk

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having spare parts. If a guy ever gets more than what he thinks he can use he can always Ebay them to the rest of us........

ida34

Wow. Someone on the site actually used a wrecker to get the new addition home!!!!!!! And it wasn't even a military wrecker. I thought we were all too cheap. I know I am.

All kidding aside. Nice find. Now I want you to fix up one truck really good then reenact the scene from Rambo with the road block.

David_4x4

Yeah the M135 that's at the house has a really really good body on it. But it was missing the transmission. I located a transmission for it and have it stored by the garage. But then my dads friend (Willared, wrecker owner) mentioned one of his long time buddies had another truck "like we had" and ran. So my father snatched it up.

So now it's only a matter of moving all the motor and tranny stuff over. Then cosmetics. I'm stoked!

LOL @ using a real civi wrecker! That's his smallest one! :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks