• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 finally gets the attention ....

gasser

I guess I am tootin' my own horn (or my wife would stay strokin' it), anyhoo, with the help of Cabell's website and George from the mil-veh list, I was able to get my trailer back into complete order. Cabell had excellent instructions on creating the wood bows and I was able to locate NOS bow corners and canvas.

Again, the awesome value of sharing knowledge.

Enjoy!

-graham

Attachments

McGuyver

Very nice. I would like to do the same thing with my M101 trailer. I need to get five more bows, as I only currently have one. Need to get the canvas cover too. Can you "share" some of this knowlege with me too?

Thanks.

FrankUSMC

Trailer looks great.
But....are the bows shorter or is the canvas (plastic) now cut longer? I had NOS canvas on my M101 and it did not hang down that far. It was almost even with the bed.
One of the few, Frank

Armada

Looks great gasser! I like the woodland camo. Ditto what Frank said. I have a GMA cover and it doesn't hang as low as yours. My bows are NOS supposedly. Is your top a GMA also? Are there different size tops for the M101?

Attachments

CGarbee

Must be some variation in the covers... The early solid green vinyl, and the canvas ones that I have don't quite touch the fenders. The measurments that I have on my website for the wood pieces came from the bows that were on one of my trailers when I purchased it (and matched the measurements on a couple other ones procured from GSA)...

A decent photo of the trailer that I got my measurements from (that Graham references in his first post) is:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/convoy2005/ecc149.JPG

In any event, the M101's pictured in this thread all look really good IMHO.

Armada

The cover looks like it might be a little long. Maybe they sent you the cover for a 3/4T HMT?
The eye bolts in your trailer bed are a great idea for tie downs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was that George Maineiri of Vermont Commercial Salvage? If so Goerge has lots of stuff, always worth a call.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks