• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My NTM M127A2C

jasonjc

Well I won a M127A2C last week on GL from McAlester ,OK. It's ruff but it close to home sort of. So this is going to be my recovery and restore/rebuild thread for it. I will be head down to get it in a few weeks, I shooting for the 4th or 11th (Wendesday) as those seem to be the best chance for me to get off work:-|.
I'll be taking my M818. This will be it's 3rd recovery. I used it to recover a M818 (flat tow) from OKC and a M129A2C from Jefferson City MO. So I know it can do long hauls just fine. Looks like I will be looking for the side boards for it or at lest the steel uprights for the sides. Maybe even the bows and trap:). If it worth keeping.

Heres the GL snap shot's:wink:

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

Great trailer!! I will be watching intently when you re deck it as mine will need it in a few yrs. If you want a road trip, Mine came home with a set installed AND 4 piles of extras in the back. If you come get em, a set is free!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a good start - I say fix it up, those flatbed trailers are very useful and there is a growing number of people who restore them along with their tractors, for a combination show vehicle!

jasonjc

Great trailer!! I will be watching intently when you re deck it as mine will need it in a few yrs. If you want a road trip, Mine came home with a set installed AND 4 piles of extras in the back. If you come get em, a set is free!
You may end up redecking yours befor me:). I've got a lot of other things ahaed of it. But you never know. As for the sides VT is a bit far from AR. But I will keep that in mind. Do you have any pic's of yours with the side on? Some of the pic's I've seen seem to have longer panle on the front half and sorter one in back.?. Or it mave just have been the pic's. I've got the TM on PDF but also have a paper one on the way I will have to look at them closer now.

Looks like a good start - I say fix it up, those flatbed trailers are very useful and there is a growing number of people who restore them along with their tractors, for a combination show vehicle!
If the frame and big stuff are in good shape I will keep it. But if not I can drop it at the scrap yard on the way home and double my money:(. New paint , wood decking , lights and wiring are no big deal. The hard part will be what color to paint it:-? OD or MERDOC or 3 color nato or tan or desert tan camo:confused: So many choices:).

I like the look of this one. It's the 6 ton M118 but you get the idea. Now a tanker like that would be cool behind my fire truck for those big water gun fights.:p

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just swapped one for a M270 drop deck. They are great trailers. My only gripe is i wish the landing gear went up a couple of more inches. You have to run up underneath them. If you decide to scrap it id love to talk you out of the wiring harness.

jasonjc

I just swapped one for a M270 drop deck. They are great trailers. My only gripe is i wish the landing gear went up a couple of more inches. You have to run up underneath them. If you decide to scrap it id love to talk you out of the wiring harness.
Is that with ant truck or just ones with the taller tires? As for scraping it , that will only be if the rust is tooo bad. I mean like rust hole in the frame.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason
I wish I had known you were in the market, there has been one sitting twelve miles outside of Springdale for the last three years! I bought it last month because of the price, and it was just melting into the ground. I already have one to go with the tractor, but then you can never have too many trailers!

Attachments

jasonjc

I wanted one for some time. I've been whatching gl but they all go high or were too far away. I seen this one and the price was low untill the end. The one you got would have been a lot closer. Thats just my luck.

vtdeucedriver

You may end up redecking yours befor me:). I've got a lot of other things ahaed of it. But you never know. As for the sides VT is a bit far from AR. But I will keep that in mind. Do you have any pic's of yours with the side on? Some of the pic's I've seen seem to have longer panle on the front half and sorter one in back.?. Or it mave just have been the pic's. I've got the TM on PDF but also have a paper one on the way I will have to look at them closer now.

If the frame and big stuff are in good shape I will keep it. But if not I can drop it at the scrap yard on the way home and double my money:(. New paint , wood decking , lights and wiring are no big deal. The hard part will be what color to paint it:-? OD or MERDOC or 3 color nato or tan or desert tan camo:confused: So many choices:).

I like the look of this one. It's the 6 ton M118 but you get the idea. Now a tanker like that would be cool behind my fire truck for those big water gun fights.:p
Your going to like it

Attachments

indy4x4fab

Banned
This last trailer has the small tie down type connectors, my other trailer(both M127A2C's) has large D ring type tie downs, anyone know why the two different tie-downs?
Are you sure that the new trailer you bought isn't a m127a1c?

Here's all the different models of the trailer

m127-mil 12 pin hock up only for the lights, retactable rear step is located in the rear deck, no rear bumper originally, was full on air brake, axle manufacturer was timken detroit axle co.

m127a1-mil 12 pin hock up only for the lights, retactable rear step is located in the rear deck, no rear bumper originally, was air over hydraulic brake, axle manufacturer was standard forge & axle co.

m127a1c-mil 12 pin hock up for the lights as well as the civil 7 pin for the tail lights (has a 12 volt set of lights and a 24 volt set of tail light, so two set of tail lights), retactable rear step is located in the rear deck, no rear bumper originally, was air over hydraulic brake, axle manufacturer was standard forge & axle co.

m127a2c-mil 12 pin hock up for the lights as well as the civil 7 pin for the tail lights (has a 12 volt set of lights and a 24 volt set of tail light, so two set of tail lights), retactable rear step is located in the rear bumper, was air over hydraulic brake, axle manufacturer was rockwell-standard corp.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M127A2C has the small type tie downs as well. To the way I understand it, they're just to secure a chain to the opposite wall when the sides are in place, so maybe they didn't need a big old D ring to do that. Mine's a 1970.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't make it worse than it is(according to my wife) I only have two of these! I think the other trailer is a mid 60s build, I think. It looks like the trailer with the large D rings was made to haul heavy/bulk equipment where as the second trailer is made more for using with the side boards in place? I really like the D rings better for equipment moves.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks