• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

helicopter jeep

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not really a helicopter, it's more of a gyrocopter, you pull it with an airplane and the rotors give it lift, but it can't fly by itself.

Pretty weird, though.

toptiger

I have a scale model pro type prototype of an M151 flying jeep. It is a professional model in presentation box with a document explaining the small turbine powered air compressor powering the blades. I may be selling it in January. $700 if anyone interested

Al Harvey

Yeah, that's different for sure.

So is this one; anyone know anything about it:

View attachment 516675
Haven't seen that one before. Very interesting setup. You would have to imagine that it was for artic conditions, but you'd think they would have an enclosed cab. Might just be my hatred of cold that makes me think that too. lol

The kubelwagen half track design came to mind looking at the picture. Amazing when you see the things that have been tried by military organizations around the world.
vehicle_kubelwagen21.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Haven't seen that one before. Very interesting setup. You would have to imagine that it was for artic conditions, but you'd think they would have an enclosed cab. Might just be my hatred of cold that makes me think that too. lol

The kubelwagen half track design came to mind looking at the picture. Amazing when you see the things that have been tried by military organizations around the world.
And the speed of development can be amazing.

Read somewhere that Germany in WWII went from drawing board to first flight on the Voiksjager (Heinkel HE 162A-2 jet fighter) in just 69 days (compare that to the F-35; first contract in 1996):

Heinkel_He_162_in_France_1945.jpg

Last edited:

seyit

Not really a helicopter, it's more of a gyrocopter, you pull it with an airplane and the rotors give it lift, but it can't fly by itself.

Pretty weird, though.
How about installing a prop to the rear PTO unit? Back in 1970s I had seen such a thing named Bensen Gyrocopter.

Another Ahab

More Tracked Jeeps

Can't find a "Specialty Jeep" thread, and this thread is as close as I could get:

- Here's a couple of tracked jeeps I ran across a while back when looking for something else

- No text background came with the photos, and if anybody knows something about them, love to hear about it

Tracked Jeep.jpg tracked jeep II.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks