• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Introducing....Boonierat

WarrenD

My M37 tribute guntruck. Short box armor, based on Otto, Raider's Light Work and others. Two M-60's, one each side as seen in several photos. Still in progress as I have the side window plates to make up and the interior of the box to outfit, but otherwise, ready to go!
Lots of time, effort and money, hope it's appreciated!

Attachments

poppop

Great looking truck. I have just aquired an M37 which will be coming home on the tenth of April. Won.t be a gun truck but I hope I can make it look as good as yours.

WarrenD

Thanks, and good luck with your M37. I painted mine with rattle cans, about 48 to be exact! Truck, armor box, the whole deal. Take your time and it will come out fine.

WarrenD

Thanks everyone! I've killed off more than a few brain cells sniffing paint fumes from about 70 rattle cans! :shock:

vtdeucedriver

Warren,
You end up using steel or aluminum???? How does it drive now with the added weight??? Next, where are the Gun Box interior pics?????

Srjeeper

Very nice. I trust we'll see it at Sussex in April, right?

Steve
:ditto:

Yea Warren....get yourself AAA plus, load it up and head out...no excuses this year...:whistle:...
Right down I-84 209/206 and your there!!!!! :driver:

We can probably even get ya a tent that you & it can sleep in together...in case it rains and we gotta send Randy to the Volcano/Chipper..:rolleyes:..ya don't wanna miss that do ya...:jumpin:

WarrenD

Ha ha! Didn't use either! Only about 200lbs of added weight. I'm actually shocked you didn't notice that the back end is still sitting high!! Better get those eyes checked my boy before Charlie sneaks up on you!
Didn't take any inside pics yet as the only thing in there is the crate I built to transport the M-60s and the spare.
All I'll say about the material is that so far, guys who have seen it think it's metal until they knock a knuckle on it. Oh, and I can say that it's 1/2" but has a really "right" look to it.

vtdeucedriver

Ha ha! Didn't use either! Only about 200lbs of added weight. I'm actually shocked you didn't notice that the back end is still sitting high!! Better get those eyes checked my boy before Charlie sneaks up on you!
Didn't take any inside pics yet as the only thing in there is the crate I built to transport the M-60s and the spare.
All I'll say about the material is that so far, guys who have seen it think it's metal until they knock a knuckle on it. Oh, and I can say that it's 1/2" but has a really "right" look to it.
Well I thought you might have added the M-43 leaf spring pack for the extra weight. There were a couple of M-37 GT's that had that luxury for a field mod.

Looks good from my house what ever you used :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks