• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1010Plowboy, aka SuperDave#2

Gunfreak25

A true act of charity should remain anonymous, or else it is not charity anymore. Therefore, I will just post the following excerpt from a book I was reading this evening and how it pertains to M1010Plowboy. A darn true friend who it has been an honor knowing. And I quote:

"There is nothing more beautiful in this life than a good friendship. When I was a teenager, my father held out his right hand, spread his five fingers wide, and said to me, "If you find 5 true friends in your lifetime, you will have lived a life infinitely blessed". At the time, I thought it was a little strange, because I had so many friends, but as the years have passed, my father's wisdom has become more and more apparent. This is a question I have pondered for years, what constitutes a true friend? Perhaps it would be helpful for you to pause for a moment and reflect. Who are your true friends? What makes them good friends? As an adult, I have learned that the defining characteristic of true friendship is someone who encourages you to be all you can be and challenges you to be the best version of yourself. It is these people who tend to energize and invigorate us. What types of people do you like being with? What types of people energize you? Throughout my years of travel there have always been a certain people I have looked forward to seeing in different cities. Some day's as I am walking through the airport I look at the list of flights departing and the cities they are going to. Each city brings with it memories of people who energize and inspire me, and often I find myself wishing I was going to a city where I have a great friend. One of the biggest challenges of my life is that my friends are spread all over the world, and many of them I get to see very rarely. I love being around people who are striving to better themselves. They inspire me, challenge me, make me want to be a better person. This is true friendship. A true friend brings the best out of his or her friends. You cannot convince me that someone who is not helping you to become the best version of yourself is a good friend. For this reason, when I have the time to spend with friends, I try to surround myself with people who make me want to be a better person. I admit they are not easy to find, but when you do find them, they are more precious than any treasure this world has to offer". End quote.

My uncle always told me that you have to surround yourself with success. Truer words are rarely spoken anymore.

Now everyone pour a mug for Dave, :beer:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you

Wow, tough to make me speechless......but ya did it.

Thank you my Guru Gunfreak little Brother.

Gentlemen,

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks