• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lube for m211

davesgmc

Ok, speaking of changing al the fluids in the m211, What would ya'll suggest? I pulled the trans dipstick and it dosent look like ATF, and dosent look like a light weight oil either, looks like it might be a combo of the two?
Also about the REB kit for the tranny? how does it work? and how can i tell if mine already has one?
What kind of oil would you suggest in the engine?
I can nly assume its 80/90 gear lube in the diffs?
Is there anything else I am missing?
Also am going to do a brake fluid flush, try to get them working too. Any tips on that?
I'd like to try to atleast sart this thing in the next few days. I wont hook the driveshafts back up til i know it runs and is able to stop, then I guess I can see if the tranny is any good.

butch atkins

dave ,GET A MANUAL AND READ IT,i have run dexron and non detergent 30 wt engine oil ,have tried both,i prefer the 30wt ,why/, because it seems to help on the harsh shift between 2nd,3rd ,i live in the south,100 degrees + in the summer,20 degrees winter,have put 33k miles on truck,anyway,TM 9-8024 pgs 121-123 note 6 tranny oil,OE,oil lubr. engine and transmission,above 32 degrees,OE 30,+40 TO -10,OE10,i use the non detergent BECAUSE it does not foam up like later made detergent engine oil,anyway there are as many opinions about this as there are assholes ,everyones stinks except your own!,the REB kit you will know if one is init because of extra shift lever mounted to tranny control towere in cab,i have a brochure on it ,correct driving and shifting BY THE MANUAL and you wont need it,the G-503 website has a hugediscussion about which lube to use in these trannys,whatever lube you decide to put in ,ADJUST ALL TRANNY ,TRANSFER CASE, REVERSE,THROTTLE,LINKAGES,BY THE MANUAL,all of this is controlled by one shift lever in the cab,dont create a problem,when there is none,some one on this site has offerd manuals on cd ,GET ONE AND READ IT,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks