• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint for the 5 ton

F18hornetM

I have used Rapco paints twice now, and I like it. Used in gallons with spray gun and bought spray cans for touch up or small parts. Matches great. And they have any color you want from WW2 up.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Earl Scheib..... 99.95.... in drawn out voice....

Sorry couldn't resist. I remember the commercials when I lived in PA about 17 years ago....
We don't mask off anything and don't drive it in the rain either hehe.

Truckoholic

Yep, I've also used Rapco paint a couple times now and really like it. It is very easy to use and very forgiving unlike some automotive paints I've used before.

Here are two paint jobs I've done using Rapco

205969_10150409291019465_645469464_10696382_33428_n.jpg

IMG_3317 (Small).JPG

03silverado

Home depot Rustoleum has a camo paint I used it on my M813A1 doesn't look it 383 but more like actual olive drab it's not real pricey and it's convenient that's my reasoning for using it

Truckoholic

Home depot Rustoleum has a camo paint I used it on my M813A1 doesn't look it 383 but more like actual olive drab it's not real pricey and it's convenient that's my reasoning for using it
Not real pricey and convenient is a very good reason! ha ha I don't like having to wait for three weeks for the paint I ordered to come. Especially when I find out I did not order enough half way through the paint job. that's why I ended up painting the bumper and grill and wheels black on the deuce and a half I just painted, and ended up not painting the wood racks. Because I ran out of the 383, but had some black leftover. I wanted the whole thing one color. But when you are looking at having to wait another three weeks or so to get more of the same paint, you tend to find other methods. I'll have to keep the Home Depot stuff in mind. The closest Home Depot to me is and hour and a half drive away, but that's where I go to get my sandblasting sand anyway, and that's a lot better than three weeks!

Welder Sam

some here have had really good luck with home depot's behr exterior paint. im going to give that a shot after having rustoleum camo green spray canned my 816. its gotta be cheaper than $5 a can(x a whole bunch of cans) and they say its tough stuff. good luck with whatever type u choose

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks