• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101a2 brake servo part number?

xred5x

Hi there, I've just picked up an m101a2 trailer and am currently in the process of going over it and replacing whatever needs replacing.

With some minor modifications I've got 4" round LED lights in the stock taillights and replaced all the trailer wiring and made it work with 4 pin.

I've repacked the wheel bearings and all is well there now but looks like I need to replace the brake pads and shock in the pintle assembly.

My problem is strange so maybe someone can shed some light, I cannot seem to get the right (passenger) side parking brake to work. I've checked the drum and the brake shoes need to be changed.....the piston in the servo seems the be partially out. It seems to be pushing the front shoe out just enough that when I pull the cable it doesn't engage the shoe enough to push it forward. The cable is working and I can see it pulling when the drum is off...Weird thing is that when I engage the actual surge brake it works but it keeps the shoe to far away and I can't get the parking brake to engage.

I've tried tightening the cable to no avail....I can tighten the cable to the point I can't even pull the lever and still won't engage the parking brake.

My question is (I've tried multiple searches, I'm gonna assume my answer is in here somewhere I just can't find it) does anyone know the part number for the hydraulic servos in the brakes? I don't want the entire backing plate just the servo.

I wonder if I change that if it will allow the shoe back far enough to allow the parking brake to engage? New springs maybe? I've tried bleeding the system and it doesn't piston doesn't stay in the servo, and I know it will go further back as I can force it in but it comes back out.

I'm going to order a spare bearing set, seals, brake shoes, and a shock and I'm thinking of ordering a new servo. Any thoughts or suggestions on my problem as well as the park number?

Thanks much guys this forum has been great for finding my answers thus far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks