• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brand new (to me) mule

Titanium Soldier

Heres the story, i found a guy that wanted to trade me an old mule for an m105 trailer, so i jumped on it as m105's are easy enough to come by and if i REALLY want another i can get one, however the one i traded him was sitting parked for a while with no intentions on using it. this is my first mule, i know nothing about them but i figured it was a good trade (for me) i know it has a lawntractor seat and thats not the original battery box but the rest of it looks like its all there! minus small things like the side rails oh well.. let me know what you guys think? good deal or bad. Im gonna try and see if it will run this weekend after some carb cleaning and tank cleaning, the oil is clean in it and motor turns over so more to follow up!! :beer:

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say that was a **** of a trade! Whats the date of manufacture?

Also, BEFORE YOU START IT.. Check for nests under the cowling!!!! If there is one there, and you run the engine, it will overheat and self destruct due to no cooling action... THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

Read these posts and check your mule!

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=191230

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=188739

The www.g503.com has a great mule section if you want to do some research. or ask here.

Checking the cowling is #1 priority for you right now. You dont want to self destruct your engine needlessly...

Last edited:

DeucesWild11

Great trade.. I think! I have a M105 trailer that I would trade for one of those too! I would love to have that to move stuff around the property. Don't know anything about them either. I would love to know how much they could haul or pull..

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check for nests, then check all your fluids, dont forget the axles...

Post your questions, we will get you on the right track with this beast! Mules can haul 1000# on the deck. Also, dont loose the 2 covers on the deck. They are crazy expendsive to replace.

Looks like all your missing from the pictures is the railing and the original seat. Both are availible, but not exactly cheap, but not crazy big $ either.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Best.

trade.

EVAH!!!

E22 has given you great advice. Welcome to the club. We look forward to seeing more pics of it as it gets brought back to life.

nickd

Nice mule! You have the engine guard and rear engine cover along with the foot basket. Thats a big plus as they are hard to find parts. If you have the round hole cover thats even better. Repro seats are available as well.
Best of luck with your new toy

Nick DeNardo

gunboy1656

So that is where the front side rail to mine went.

When we got mine that was the only rail piece missing. Nice looking mule.

Who in their right mind would trade a 4,000 dollar mule for a 400 dollar trailer? Wish I could find that kind of people around here.

Welcome to the mule club.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG. I'd jump on that before you lose it. If you don't i will trade my M105 for it in a heartbeat.

Get it quick!

crankshaft45

From the pics it looks like the center shroud is missing from the engine. If you don't have it, DO NOT run the engine without it! They are hard to come by and expensive, but running the engine without it will quickly over heat the left cylinder.

You can test run the engine if you use a house fan to blow into the left shroud, but driving it will burn up that side.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a list of the TM's you need.

TM 9-2320-246-10 Operators manual for truck platform utility 1/2 ton 4x4
TM 9-2320-246-20 Truck platform utility 1/2 ton 4x4 organizational maintenance
TM 9-2320-246-20P Platform utility 1/2 ton 4x4 truck organizational maintenance repair parts and special tools list
TM 9-2320-246-34 Truck platform utility 1/2 Ton 4x4 direct support and general support maintenance manual
TM 9-2320-246-34P Direct support and general support maintenance repair parts and special tools list

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks