• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

not a good thing, m211 trans needed

davesgmc

Well, I drained the engine oil today. It looked nice and,,,well it was oil, no water, etc in it, nice and black. I refilled it with my bulk 10/30 for now, at least its good nuff to get it started and clean it out, will use something else later if needed.
I also drained the trans. I took the plug out. It had some chucks on the magnet. and well, not much fluid came out. UNTIL i poked a screw driver in the hole and pushed the other chunks out of the way, LOT sand lots and lots of pieces came out, large, small, you name it. and the fluid is very burnt.

SO. I need a new tranny, not even gonna say it will work, not with all that stuff in it. I may pull it out in the next few days if I can figure out how.

but i am sure i need a trans. with all the large chunks in t i am sure there are some serious parts broken in there. If anyone of you knows of one, let me know, please

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
An employee at Memphis Equipment told me that they rebuild them so that they are better and more reliable than when new. Like most large items at Memphis, likely a costly purchase..

I bought a transmission from Memphis Equipment a few years a go and have over 5000 miles on it and it works great . about $1000 . a year a go I bought a shift kit well worth the money and it helps save the tranmission by blocking out high reverse . and not hunting between gears .

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: not a good thing, m211 trans needed

topo said:
I bought a transmission from Memphis Equipment a few years a go and have over 5000 miles on it and it works great . about $1000 . a year a go I bought a shift kit well worth the money and it helps save the tranmission by blocking out high reverse . and not hunting between gears .
I recall now that those are the kinds oif things he said. Good to have confirmation.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: RE: not a good thing, m211 trans needed

Man that stinks Dave. Sorry to hear it's roasted. I too have heard good things about the Memphis rebuilding process. Good luck buddy!

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: not a good thing, m211 trans needed

The fellow that actually rebuilds the transmissions at Memphis Equipment is a friend of mine. He's been doing this for over twenty years - maybe over thirty years. I'm sure that they have a plan for the time when he retires - which won't be much longer - but a wealth of knowledge will be leaving.

BTW, since you've condemed your transmission it doesn't matter, but had you not, it is VERY important that NON-detergent oil be used in the transmission.

Regards,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks