• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator trailer

Ten4x4

The power is out in my neighborhood today and it got me thinking that a mil surp power generator trailer would be awesome to complement my planned m35a1 purchase. I know nothing about them though and was wondering if snyone could tell me if there is a multi fuel generator and how easy/ hard they are to work on... Also if you could reccomend a model. Thnks guys.

m38inmaine

I'm not aware of a multi-fuel military generator. Most common surplus units for the average home are the MEP-002A and MEP-003A gensets that are diesel.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MJQ-18 is a generator trailer classified as a Power Plant. It has two MEP-003A's and a transfer switch so you can have power as long as the diesel holds out. Military rating is 10KW, but in reality they can run about 12.5 KW continuously in moderate elevations and temperatures. Figure about 1.1 gallons per hour and get off-road diesel to save the road tax.

762luver

With the aux fuel pickup you don't need 2 gen sets. The day tank will last way more than the 5 minutes it will take to switch to a new fuel source.

The dual geny setups allow for oil changes at every 100 hours and other PM / service interruptions of one set. The other continues to support the load in the mean time.

I've got a MEP-002a on the M-116 trailer and it does just fine. The 5kw also has 1/2 the fuel consumption as the 10kw. It'll get the job done in an emergency, but if you need to run a whole house AC unit, you may come up short.

Good luck in your hunt!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks