• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jim Thorpe PA show in Feb 2007 - anyone going?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone going to the Feb 2007 show in Jim Thorpe, PA? Anyone wanna travel up there in convoy? Going with a buddy in his new M37, just looking to get a small group together.

jatonka

It is the Redball Winter swapmeet. They sponsor it and the Gilbert Redball Rally in September every year. Great get together, indoor and some outdoor vendors. Ist show of the 2007 season in the North East. Jatonka will be there.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get Military Vehicles magazine, the info should be in the listing of upcoming shows, David. I'm at work right now, so I can't tell you exactly where/when it is.

rd_anderson20

From the mvpa.org website:

Pennsylvania, February 23 - 25, 2007: Redball Military Vehicle Club Swap Meet at Memorial Park Hall, East 10th St., 2 blocks east of Route 903 in Jim Thorpe, PA. Vendor move-in Friday 23 February, show hours 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday; 8 a.m. - noon Sunday. Contact: Scott or Joanne; (570) 421-2950, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.

Here is the sponsoring clubs site http://www.redballonline.com/

I'm going to head up sometime on Saturday.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Like to go

I'm probably going to be wearing a MadDawg308 nametag, I can make one up easily at work on the laser printer. Think nametags with your SS name on it would work out well for us...

mangus580

I will be there sometime saturday AM...

Anyone coming from Philly or south who could pick up some items and move them to the show for me? Items are 2 pallet sized tanks (empty and light), 2 deuce doors, and a few gallons of paint stuff. It sure would save me the trip south from Jim Thorpe, esp since i need to head over to the harrisburg area at some point to get some other goodies... (unless someone is coming from that direction too!!!)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'm sure there are several nearby. If not, there are plenty of state forests in the Pocono area of PA that would be happy to provide you with some shady trees and a nice soft place to pop a tent up.

I will be cruising up there early Sat. a.m. with ShieldWolf, a friend of mine who is active on other boards (but no time for this one as of yet). Unfortunately, he was unable to get the brakes on his M37 done due to the cold, so we're cruising up there in his Silverado again. It's not a great vehicle show, but it is a good parts show, and will help me stock up on a few needed things prior to Aberdeen. Now that warmer weather is coming, I'll be working on my rig every day, little at a time, until it's done in time for the big one in May!

Hope to see a few of you at Jim Thorpe!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there Saturday AM.. Will have some NOS tires, 8 bolt humvee rims with runflats, and other big goodies priced to MOVE......

jatonka

I'll be there, I'll have the deuce and 5 ton canvas and a bunch more stuff, like wrecker operator covers and seat covers. Some Hmmv and 900 series stuff too. I'll be pushing our Wings, Wheels,and Tracks Show pretty hard too, Look for the posters, stop by my tables for more information. I'll be there all day Friday, Saturday and a good part of Sunday. I will be the only one there with spin-on fuel filter adaptors for the deuce. You'll find me. John T :D

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DHW and I are headed out the door soon. We will be there Saturday morning, for the day. See Y'all there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks