• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shorty's Recon Mission

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
RE: Shorty

DOH! I couldn't have been more than 30 miles from there... may need to go dig into those chains

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

If the chains are 12' with a pear link and each end and a grab hook at one end, they are wrecker chains and heavy SOBs. Any more data on the flatbed trailer. Looks like an M127 12 ton but if it were a single axle with 900X20 tires might be an M118 or M118A1 (which I want)

alphadeltaromeo

BFR...in Alexandria there is a dairy...Wright Dairy. They have the best milk and Amish rolled butter. Let me know if you want to go to shorty's sometime. It's actually just northwest of Anniston area. Oh, WD also makes their own icecream and it's really good :p

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Somebody needs to remember to ask Mike to bring some of his rolled butter to Aberdeen......

alphadeltaromeo

Being that he's Amish? That rolled butter from WD is the best...well I'm sure there are other places that have it too. The eggnog (for those who like) is incredible as well.

alphadeltaromeo

Re: RE: Shorty

mangus580 said:
Dont do rolled butter...

I 'might' be able to bring some fresh maple syrup though [thumbzup]
If you do bring some...I'll buy some...and trust that one of my fellow GA'ians will bring it back for me...I'd love some. No pressure though :grin:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I didn't see anything that fit that description. Most of the MV's are in one area with a few exceptions. He only had two trucks that could be described as in "runnning condition", a deuce w/winch and a 5 ton wrecker.
The rest are in various states of decomposition. There are several drop side beds and plenty of driveline parts for deuces and 5 tons. He had a few CUCV' but most of them were thrashed.
The "military guy" was at their other yard about 20 miles away so it was hard to get prices.
The next time I go I'm going to take a butt load of cash and make an appointment with him to meet up and get the prices on the spot.

gbooth

Re: RE: Re: RE: Shorty

FreightTrain said:
How about some "Possum on a half shell"?You know,Armadillo!Kinda boney but they be good eatin....

Dont you know that it is illegal to kill or eat the State bird of Texas.

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Shorty

Also,if anyone wants to call here is shorty's info.
7744 Al Highway 144, Alexandria, AL 36250
(256) 892-3131

Also,what are those big spindle looking things?Rotor hubs for a really big chopper?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Shorty

if anyone goes back, please have a looksee at that flatbed semi trailer. if it's an M118 or M118A1 I'd have some nterest in it. Love to see a data plate.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If Freight Train gets his big Ford Dually up and running we may bring a gooseneck load of stuff to Aberdene. :driver: Once we know for sure we are going to be able to make the trip we will take orders and deliver the stuff. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks