• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airbags?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They are not safe! You have to be really careful when you drive one. It is not for a novice driver. MIne rolled over!

jeeplvr247

It's all about magnitude of force. If you happen to be in your 13,000lb deuce when you are t-boned by a 3000lb prius, the force you will experience will be almost 5 times less than the driver of the prius. It's a battle of the lug nuts out there, the man with the most wins.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's not a MV that I know of that has airbags. As said above, most do have seat belts.

Just don't tell her about the non-collapsible steering column, no crash pads on the dash, and no roll over protection. :wink:

Truthfully, they are greatly lacking compared to modern safety standards. Personally I don't think they are nearly as dangerous as a motorcycle or some of the small newer cars though.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The deuce is a safe vehicle provided the nut behind the steering wheel is not too loose.:cookoo:

Operator head spacing and timing must be constantly adjusted.

Has your Mom seen a deuce......show her one in person and ask her what would do better in a head on collision....the deuce or the SUV.

That being said it may not be the ideal vehicle to learn to drive on.....it is a stick shift, has no power steering, is loud, hot in the summer, has a crappy defroster when the windows fog up, requires a lot of maintainence and unless you are mechanically inclined may eat your lunch when repairs are needed.

Find someone in your area that will let you get some stick time on one (in a safe place) and see what you may be getting yourself into.

tbearatkin

The deuce is a safe vehicle provided the nut behind the steering wheel is not too loose.:cookoo:

Operator head spacing and timing must be constantly adjusted.

Has your Mom seen a deuce......show her one in person and ask her what would do better in a head on collision....the deuce or the SUV.

That being said it may not be the ideal vehicle to learn to drive on.....it is a stick shift, has no power steering, is loud, hot in the summer, has a crappy defroster when the windows fog up, requires a lot of maintainence and unless you are mechanically inclined may eat your lunch when repairs are needed.

Find someone in your area that will let you get some stick time on one (in a safe place) and see what you may be getting yourself into.
What better to learn in? If you can learn to operate a deuce safetly driving a car after that should be a breeze.

phil2968

Olivedrab, where are you in Florida? It helps to have a city in your location in your user profile. I have a couple of trucks you can check out if your near me. If your close my number is in my sig line, call me after 4:30.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tinkering around in a deauce is not the same as having it as a daily driver. If you need to "convince mom" this isn't the truck for you.

Tlauden

If you want to stick with a military vehicle that will get moms approval quicker I suggest the CUCV's. She might feel better if you have a more "manageable" truck. Plus you still get the diesel and awesome military looks!!!

Good luck with your quest

barefootin

You just described my first, second, and third MG. My first Chevy pick up and Landrover...
;-)

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure, my 5-Ton has an Airbag. I just can never get her to ride in it.;-)

This is like asking if an M1 Abrams comes with drink holders and center console:roll:

BTW...Why do you need Mom's approval anyway? No disrespect, just curious

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks