• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LAV150 rework for Florida Sheriff

L1A1

Looks like it was a later production vehicle with the deletion of the front pistol port and the addition of the driver's dual vision blocks. In the lower left hand photo (looking back towards the engine), it looks like there isn't a rear access/escape hatch. Was that hatch only on the V100s and not the V150?

Guess I'm not too jelious of the Sheriff dept's new "toy" because of the 1033 program. Doesn't that mean that Uncle Sugar still retains ownership of the vehicle and desides as to whom the vehicle can/can not be disposed of to? Local depts around here cashed in on all of those Peacekeepers that they were giving away some years ago. Most have been phased out of service (sent to even smaller & poorer locals, I guess). Matt

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of these were re-engined, with the new equipment kinda "stuffed" into the back. Some of it ended up in what was the tunnel area, which is closed off in these versions. The rear door becomes an engine bay access hatch.

I'm sure Gerald will provide details. [thumbzup]

Cheers

wgtactical

Looks like it was a later production vehicle with the deletion of the front pistol port and the addition of the driver's dual vision blocks. In the lower left hand photo (looking back towards the engine), it looks like there isn't a rear access/escape hatch. Was that hatch only on the V100s and not the V150?

Guess I'm not too jelious of the Sheriff dept's new "toy" because of the 1033 program. Doesn't that mean that Uncle Sugar still retains ownership of the vehicle and desides as to whom the vehicle can/can not be disposed of to? Local depts around here cashed in on all of those Peacekeepers that they were giving away some years ago. Most have been phased out of service (sent to even smaller & poorer locals, I guess). Matt
Just as Rory said, this one uses the entire back portion as the engine bay now. In addition to the dual vision blocks for the driver, it also sports a 6V53 diesel, Allison transmission and 5 ton axles.

You are correct on the 1033 program, only other agencies with arresting powers can have the armor, and it can't be sold on the civilian market...although there's a few horror stories where some were sold, then later seized. I've heard of at least one more piece that has been sold, but I'm sure we will all hear about that one sometime in the future :shock:

L1A1

, it also sports a 6V53 diesel, Allison transmission and 5 ton axles.
I thought all of the V150s had the 5 ton axles? Man, I love those old "V"s but they are so far out of my price range.....Guess I could always carve a (little) one out of a potato......:mrgreen:

Matt

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you ever let people tour your shop? You're not far from me and I'd love to clean off the drool I'd leave on the stuff you work on.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is going to be an interesting project Gerald. I'm sure you have plenty of surprises for us.

wgtactical

We found a lot of damaged threads on the wheel studs, probably from the confusion that often comes with putting right hand threads on one side of the vehicle and left hand on the other. If that wasn't bad enough, there were both RH and LH on the same wheel :-? Anyway we punched all the old studs out and replaced with all new RH studs. You can also see the new leaf springs that were powdercoated along with the new shocks.

Attachments

L1A1

Looks good. Are the shocks & springs something unique to the "V" series or are they also from the 2.5/5 ton family of vehicles?
Matt

wgtactical

Looks good. Are the shocks & springs something unique to the "V" series or are they also from the 2.5/5 ton family of vehicles?
Matt
Thanks Matt :) I can't say for sure what else they fit but the late V100 leaf springs measure the same as the ones on this V150. We also added an extra short leaf on the left side rear because these vehicles all squat a bit more due to the engine being offset to that side.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little bit different than what I was thinking. All I need is an adapter, I have the jack and pump. Neat tool, if you do a lot of stud work(LOL)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks