• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton bedliner

Patgonia53

Anyone ever put a bedliner in a 5 ton.. rather than just paint..???

Do it your self or commercial

Any experience with lineX... I have it in my pickup, and it seems to have held up well... but this is a different story

m816

I put 3/8 steel about four ft high on the inside of mine, Does that make it a bed liner.
Vinny -Owner of the Untouchable Guntruck

Patgonia53

i was thinking more on the lines of a "bedliner" like in a pickup... something better and more durable than paint... not quite the level of reinforcing steel
But thanks for the information

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had my entire new chevy 2500HD done for $400. I bet you could get the bed done for less. I want to do the same only have them mix in the same paint color green.

rrrr

Here ya go. I did it on my deuce also. Here is my M932a1 with a shortened deuce bed on it.

Cost me about $100. Used a gallon of bedliner from the farm supply.

Attachments

emr

I think using a paint roller with the standard paint keeps it original and is pretty strong too, I used rustoleum primer with a roller in the bed let dry for 3 days, man that stuff is hard and then the correct paint, Its just me but I need it to look like it did in service.

Patgonia53

I actually need something with a little more traction... My SWAT team is going to use this for team deployment during callouts... when we roll with a big team

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually need something with a little more traction... My SWAT team is going to use this for team deployment during callouts... when we roll with a big team
In this case you will probably want to use what Steve and I are going to... We have bought the product but haven't installed it. Same stuff that goes on aircraft carrier landing decks. Will do some hunting and find the web address for you. We bought it from Sherwin Williams but it is not their product.

paramedic7831

Ok I will add pics tom. I wanted to bed line my wheels. I started with Rustoleum from wallmart and didn’t like it because I wanted more aggressive "chunks" of stuff in it. I went with Herculiner and it was a great turnout. Lots of chunks and very aggressive. I done a test run between application with a schultz gun and by rolling it with roller by hand. I like the roller application better. I will post pics tom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks