• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Cs adventure..

citizensoldier

Well made it home safe and successfully in-circled the big eastern pond.. Just thought I would post a picture of the engine that pulled out in front of me in Chicago. Also stopped at Oshkosh Equipment and took a some pictures..

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is that a whistler? rofl

jkelly66

neet pics been to rock island arsenal once but was about 5 years at the time a bunch of change since then. Have driven all the way around the western pond before came across the Macenaw bridge beautiful country trecherouse in winter

citizensoldier

RE: more

Thanks Rizzo. Forgot to get the camera out at your place! Should have taken some shots of the T case unloading and your wrecker... OOps.. Next time... I was a bit foggy from all the traveling. I was hallucinating when I came over the Mackinaw the night before.
Dave and I need to get down there and play in some of your mud. Maybe in the spring when its good and sloppy.. :D

JDToumanian

That big diesel is an EMD 16-645 (16 cylinders, 645 cubic inches per cylinder), 3300 hp.

It's probably a locomotive engine, although they are also used in small ships, like tugboats and as large standby generators...

They're 2-stroke diesels. I like 'em... and I get to run 'em at work! :D

Jon

citizensoldier

Thanks.. Oshkosh is nice and PRICEY too. I can believe what he gets for his trucks. He sells allot of them too?? Was shipping two to Texas that day and the guy called and wanted two more.. I try to almost give a truck away and no takers.. Must smell funny or something. Sorry I missed you again Paul.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Doggone it! You stopped at Rock Island Arsenal and didn't even stop by to see me? I live 50 miles south of the island and pass that display every time I go to the PX, commissary, or clinic, which is about once a month. I'd love to have one of those tiny tanks (the one with the diamond plate over the gun port) for a daily driver. Mount a gun in there, and you'd never have to worry about road rage. ;)

citizensoldier

Lifer I did think about you but did not have time. I had to rush back into Chicago and go to Great Lakes for some other stuff. Needless to say I didnt make it. I was caught on Toll Road 88 by a rolled over semi and missed the deadline of 1:30. So only half the trip went well. Came home and had it shipped. Would like to spend more time looking around Rock Island next time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks