• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint

cobratodd

I'm looking to re-paint my 813 and I have a question about the CARC paint: can regular civi paint be applied over the CARC olive drab? If so, which kind is recommended - not so much the brand name, but the type - I thought that I saw alyklid enamle can not be applied over the CARC. I'd rather not sandblast the whole truck to remove the CARC,

Thank you

DeucesWild11

My Deuce was the typical OD. I painted right over it with some Rustoleum flat black in a HVLP paint sprayer. Didn't have any problem with adhesion. Painted in Nov and still today no prob..

Good luck with the paint job!

zout

If you click on the main forum link at the top of the page - go to the section under Paint and Bodywork near the bottom of the page - there are threads upon threads that wil answer this question.

Another unused action is click on the Search link at the top of the page and type in CARC - sit back and enjoy the reading.

cobratodd

Thanks, zout - I realized this after I posted - you are correct - lots of info there - I think I'll keep it simple. Staying away from the CARC.

emr

cobratodd, good question and awesome way to handle getting info about the search engine here, It really works reading up first, then u will have questions after that that will help U even more, u are a good joe, alot of guys are so thin skinned they get all up tight when this is mentioned, [thumbzup] all the best and good luck, like said above wash, scuff and shoot , hobby paints like arvoe and gilespie are the most popular, i am an arvoe fan, they are all good, Are you going to take the trip to the BIG SHOW this weekend in NJ, come on down and check it out, it is huge, its worth the drive, mtaofnj.org for info, and mtaswapmeet.us is the direct link to the show site, [thumbzup]

cobratodd

emr,
Thank you for the invite to NJ. I have my hands full right now with too much on my plate, but fortunately I live right down the street from the MV Show in Chester CT in June. I hope to be a bit more settled next year and will make the tour of more East Coast events. I am so happy to have connected with this group - what a great bunch of people who share a common interest in these awesome machines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks