• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi/Lift Jack Placement?

Tymkpr

Ok I need some help. I need to figure out a place to mount a 60" jack on my M101A2 for travel. I do run with the bows and cover on. I was thinking across the tail gate. Any ideas ? Please add.

michigan4x4

Funny. I am was just looking at a Hi-lift jack the other day and wondering how I could mount it on my Trailer. Would like a shovel and Axe as well. Suggestions with photos welcome.

I want to figure out a mounting system so the tools are easily accessible, yet a thief would have a hard time walking away with them.

Ps. Anyone know where I can buy a "recovery" type kit with a shovel, axe, etc?

Thanks
Jeff

michigan4x4

Yep... I understand how to use google... was looking for opinions, from members, regarding what they have used and what has worked for them. All this "google it" or "look in the TM" stuff is getting pretty old. If you, or anyone else doesn't like the question or has a smart a** obvious answer, don't bother posting.

Maybe I should re-phrase my question "Anyone have a nice, inexpensive, off road Recovery type kit that they would recommend?"

kassim503

If you put it on the tailgate that might mean that youd slam the jack into the frame every time you lower it, and have to lift the jack by hand every time you raise it.2cents

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep... I understand how to use google... was looking for opinions, from members, regarding what they have used and what has worked for them. All this "google it" or "look in the TM" stuff is getting pretty old. If you, or anyone else doesn't like the question or has a smart a** obvious answer, don't bother posting.

Maybe I should re-phrase my question "Anyone have a nice, inexpensive, off road Recovery type kit that they would recommend?"

Sorry, I liked the one I Googled for you. If I didn't I wouldn't have posted it.

Second link.

http://www.autoanything.com/winches/69A6198A0A0.aspx

Tymkpr

I used the two vertical ribs of the tailgate. There were two holes already close to correct distance apart that had plugs in them. I looked at the side mount option but with the cover on it would have rubbed on jack while in transit. Use hardened bolts washers and lock nuts, then lock washers and wing nuts to mount jack. Will post pics tomorrow when trailer is out on drive in the sun. Michigan4x4 there is a fire truck building company here in Oklahoma I will post their website tomorrow. They have mounts and brackets for rescue tools of all types.

quickfarms

Are you thinking of a pioneer rack or a Max Axe. Another option is the shovel and ax mount that Con Ferr used to make, I think ORU is now making it just look under the rack accessories.

If you are concerned about security than you should mount them inside of the trailer. You could mount them to the sides of the trailer over the wheel wells.

Tymkpr

Have yet to try for the clearance. I don't drop the tailgate past 90* usually anyway. Will try it later this afternoon and post the results afterwards. Heading out for an overnight trip with trailer in tow this morning.

preyn2

Not hijacking the thread, but my VFD has a hilift on all of our trucks, and we put a Jackmate on each one. I'm not associated with the company, don't make anything off of this. Just a product endorsement. Rescue42.com.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks