• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Appels bobbed 923a2 truck build.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Hey guys,I just finished painting this 923a2 last friday,When this monday a fellow Pennsylvanian decided he wanted to buy this beauty and have me bob it.It was tough to do but I ageed to do it.Here are some pics.I am going to pick up the front springs tommorow.I will keep the pics coming.Its going to be hard to let her go when shes done.I sure the new owner will be happy.

Attachments

ranchhopper

You and me are alot a like in that department.You just finished a recent bob job.
Yes thats true the local purists had a field day with me but for the most part really liked the look of the 1102 bed over the previous 105s that I used. After doing the customary insults all done in fun though anyways good luck I know it will come out beyond the owners expectations..

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Thanks,I like both ,stock trucks and custom builds,Opinions always vary,they are like A-holes everybody has one.What it boils down to is,when someone is spending there money they have the right to do with it what they want.

jatonka

John, are you istalling 5 ton front springs in the rear or air bag suspension? We are doing an M923 shorty and ran into trouble with the springs conflicting with the air can shafts. We are dealing with it but it's gonna be extra work. I guess I'm in trouble for chopping one too, but mine was a rear end wreck so I figure better to save part of it rather than just part it out. JT

spicergear

:ditto:

Was looking at my M931A2 just in case...you know...and saw that there was about no way to run a simple front spring conversion with the air cans. It looks to me like some medium duty box truck side frame mount spring packs will clear the cans. It's the direction I'd look at-

Hey, at least bleeding the brakes won't be an issue! :mrgreen:

91W350

I need to look at this as well, I wanted to do a M923, only with two steering axles, hydraulic on the rear with a center lock pin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks