• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A3 leg dissasembly

OG

Does anyone know how to disassemble the landing leg from M101A3 trailer?
It is stuck and I wanted to disassemble and fix it, but besides removing the top cap I do not really know how to proceed. Gears appear to be press-fitted to shafts, but they won't budge at all, like they cross-pinned. Any ideas?

OG

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If its like most other jack legs, it will have 2 gears that look like these. You will need to find the roll pin(s) and drive it out so you can dis-assemble it and see what it stuck.

Attachments

OG

They do look like these on the pic, but no slots or holes for a roll-pin can be seen. I'll check again.
I presume these are not blind pins, so hole, in general, should exist through the entire piece?!

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I haven't looked at an A3 trailer jack itself, but I figured it would be the same. The ones I worked on, it was a hole that went all the way through the gear.

OG

M101A3 jack is a weird design, it is supposed to be replaced whole if something breaks. Gears are accessible for lubrication, but the corkscrew is completely encased and cannot be lubricated, truly a mind-boggling "feature".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks