• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any body have a Pinzgauer in Maryland

CliffSegar

I got mine from SwissArmyVehicles in Arkansas. It came with the AR title and I drove it back home to TN with a temp paper tag in the back window ("K" model). When I got home, I went to the county vehicle license place where I traded the AR title for a TN title and registration. *YMMV* Pinz owners in WI ran into a major problem a couple years back where the state pulled all titles for the Pinzgauer owners. It took some major effort to get that SNAFU corrected.
One issue I ran into when getting my Pinz (this was my first MV) was insurance. Since the Pinz is my daily driver, those speciality/show car insurance things were not for me. In dealing with the agent, I finally figured out that mentioning "Military" was the wrong thing to do. The Pinz was sold in civilian form and there is no difference in basic construction. (My insurance is thru Progressive if you care. Again, YMMV as always!)

undysworld

You should be good to go in Maryland, at least the last I had heard. However, titling and registration are the responsibility of the individual state/s.

I am the guy who fought WisDOT in court over their policy (read: mis-interpretation of the state statute) and got the Wis. statutes changed. Other folks here helped with this too. We did prevail, and are fully licensable, etc.

If you should have any problems in MD, please contact me for referrals to the Federal regulations and codes which allow the legal importation and registration of Pinzgauers. This battle has been fought and won already. If it has to be fought again, it should be easier.

Regards,
Paul Underwood

Edit: FWIW, I carry insurance through Progressive as a daily driver too. No problems.

CliffSegar

To Paul, aka undysworld: I read a bunch of the web pages regarding the WisDOT fight - and listened to the aural arguments at the hearing. I can't thank you enough for taking on the task - and winning. Had this sort of situation propagated to other states, the whole MV hobby of ours could have crumbled. We owe you big time.

Again - THANKS
1971 Pinz 710K
KD4GT

undysworld

Cliff,

You guys are all most welcome. I sure didn't go looking for the fight, but it couldn't be ignored. When it came at me, it had to be fought. I had some great folks here helping me out (especially Tom Z. and Tom L.), and I couldn't have done it by myself. In the end, the milveh and collector owners here in Wisconsin rose up with us and we prevailed.

There is some justice left in the world. But sometimes you have to look pretty hard to find it.

Cheers,
Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks