• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alabama to SE indiana trip

FreightTrain

Banned
I am currently in the planning stages of our 4th of July Classic Ford Diesel Truck Rally in Rising Sun,Indiana and my plans are to hook a trailer behind the deuce and haul my Ford CC Dually up there(the 91 in my signature).I want to take the deuce so I can use it as a 10 tired Tent/RV.Want to get a list together of people I can call if I have some major failures along the way.Looks like the best route is from Gadsden,To Chattanooga,To Knoxville,to Lexington to Cincinnati then over to Rising Sun.Also,what are the laws pertaining to our rigs and this setup in all those states?Will I have to stop at the Weigh stations even though I am not a "Commercial Truck".Never driven though a weigh station so what is the proper Proccedure?

Scrounger

I’d get on the interstate and roll. If you are not commercial you don’t fall under DOT rules and don’t have to stop at the scales. Just don’t put a sign on the side of your truck saying widget trucking.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Not telling you your business - but with some experience in driving Gadsden to Cincy - unless there is something you are trying to see on the way - I sure wouldn't go to Chattanooga. The hills/mountains that way will kill you in a deuce.

I'd slide over to I-65 at Cullman, then blast north to Louisville, then take I-71 onward.

Good flat road - KY scales/inspection station at the TN/KY border, but shouldn't be any probs.

My .02,
David

FreightTrain

Banned
Thanks.I thought about making a side trip over to Evansville to see a buddy.Path is not set in stone yet.I will agree with the chatty part.I think they tried to pick the most hilly path for all the roads around there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks