• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turbo Charger for NHC250

Irv

Turboing a NHC250: Risky

According to the local guru, the Army went cheap on the NHC250 and didn't order them with piston coolers or even the oil channels. That means you can't cool the pistons, which are designed to run up to 250 hp. To get more ponies out of the NHC250, you can turn up the fuel pressure, add larger injectors, and put the turbo on it. However, if you do that, you are very likely to burn holes in the pistons. A pyrometer is a must. Just be ready to pull over on that long hill as soon as you see the black smoke pouring out the exhaust.:shock:

There do exist some NHC250 motors that for some reason, did have the oil channels in the casting. If so, you can add the coolers. If it were me, I'd just leave 5 minutes earlier to get there at the same time a hotrod deuce would.
Irv

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks