• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remember when - Kids and Jeeps

SLEA

Well I thought I'd post a few pics i came across looking for something else.

The story of the Willy's is my cousin owned it years ago, i remember riding in it as a kid, i remember him telling me he could put 5 dollars in it "used for hunting", and it would last for about 2 years.
He died and the jeep sat for probably 8 years, i asked about it and it got given to me, i got it running and it ran like a champ. I was within minutes of leaving for it's maiden voyage down the road and the water pump started pouring and it popped and started spitting oil out the exhaust.
I have many projects and this one has been on a back burner now for many years, my son sitting in it is now 8 he was a few weeks shy of being 1 when these were shot, these pics just make me glow seeing him at such an innocent age.
Gotta treasure the moments, I've been divorced for 7 years now. She would've had a fit if she knew I had him in that rusty old "thing". lol

118-1848_IMG.jpg

118-1878_IMG.jpg

118-1879_IMG.jpg

118-1880_IMG.JPG

118-1881_IMG.JPG

118-1883_IMG.jpg

118-1884_IMG.jpg

119-1921_IMG.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks