• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM706 Armored Car in MP Operations

baseballump

Rick I was with the 630th MP CO convoey Plt. we had our V s but they didn't put 50s on til mid to late 71. We carried ammo for ourM73 and M60 machine guns, M79, M16 and 45s. Something that was always in the back of our minds was an RPG could take us out then make a real big bang. But, we want more that effect ammo to end a fight in our favor. If you would like to see some V go to the Military Police of Vietnam web page or the 630th MP co Vietnam web page

Rickv100

Yep, RPG hits were always an issue I have photos of a V that was hit by a RPG and it is also covered in the report.

The weak spot was in the wheel well armor

Rick

baseballump

The V s armour any wear was not very strong anything over an AK or M16 could go thru the skin on a V. But, like I said before a little armour is better than no armour. We had a RVN V hit one of our V s and it riped a hole in the fuel tank throw gas all over the V and burn 1 guy real bad and a second one also had burns. It had to be sent out for repairs

199th mp

V100's in the nam

i was in HHC MP's in 199th inf, 69-70. we had V's and 151 gun jeeps, as well as a pair of M113's. i gave my pics of V's to dave c, but i used to have a shot of a burned out V in xuan loc, long khanh province. it took an B40 in the wheel well, and there went the gas tank. it was an arvn V. the wheel wells were definitely their achilles heel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks