• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog rear portal axle

xm708

I visited a freind today and ran across a brand new n the crate rear unimog portalaxle in a wood crate. The crate has seen better days but the axle looks fine. Not sure how to date it but was curious to its worth as he wants me totry and sell it for him. I know the thread is worthless without pics but camera was left at home sorry .. Any ideas ??

UNIMOG-GUY

Do you have any idea which Unimog it came out of? We need to know what model it is out of or see some pics before we could give you an estimate on value.

spicergear

New in crate will be interesting to see how it turns out as I'm sort of doubting it has the torque tube with it. HOPEFULLY it has the pinion installed or else it's value just dropped in the crapper; still good for a housing and portal sets though.

I'm familiar with the 406/416 axles as I've gone through those- no experience with 404 stuff. Here's a couple of 406 axle pics.

Attachments

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most axles have an ID tag on the rear of the housing.

If that tag is there I think it will be easily identified through a parts supplier like Merex in Germany.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks