• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FYI on RRAD, Hooks, TX

ARYankee

Well I just had a successful recovery of my M1101 trailer from Hooks today :) I wanted to share some pertinent info for those that may be doing recoveries there. First off you can go through the main gate if you are just previewing. You still have to go to the visitor building off to the right of the Main Gate.

If you are recovering, go to the Commercial Gate. Make sure to get there about an hour before your recovery time because you will have to fill out paperwork for a quick background check (which can take a while to perform). Once you have done that you will get a card that is good for 1 year so you won't have to do that again. Now it may be different for military ID personnel. IDK because I don't have one. If you have been there before then you know how to maneuver once you get through the commercial gate. If not then ask the kind folks that do the passes for a map and how to get there. They are really easy to deal with. At least for me :)

I'm sure some other more frequent visitors may chime in with more info but this is all that I have.

ARYankee

Thanks for the intel. The one year card is a new one on me.
No problem. I thought I would share it since things have changed from the last time that I was there almost 2 years ago. Hopefully it will save some folks from being late on pick ups. There also was a sign that said the process may take longer around the 1100 to 1200 time frame which I suspect is due to lunch.

Blueduce

No background check for military or government card holders. I just picked up M101 on Tuesday. Confirm ARYankee's info. to pick up go to commercial entrance. then right. Just over train tracks on left is building 24. It's a small building so don't blink. I did and passed it twice. There is a dirt parking lot between Bld 24 and the small PX. Park there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks